"UV-KUB 2 contest": Q&A
Published on 10/11/2022
Drum roll... Here are the answers to the 14 questions.
We hope you have learned a lot about our equipment, by looking for the answers to the questions.
1. UV-KUB 2 needs to be installed in a cleanroom.
This is one of the great features of our range of maskers and mask aligners. Thanks to their totally hermetic configuration and compactness, these equipment don’t need to be installed in a cleanroom. A laminar flow environment can be enough.
2. What type of lamp is used in a UV-KUB 2?
A LED-UV, which offers:
- a perfectly monochromatic exposure light source
- a cold UV source, which prevents undesirable thermal effects
- a long lifetime, over 10000 hours real time of use
- no need of warm up nor cool down.
3. What is the power density in UV?
35 mW/cm² (+/- 10%), pure UV at 365nm +/- 5nm
4. What is the lifetime of UV source?
The lifetime of the LEDs is 10000 hours, real time using, without requiring specific maintenance.
It is like using your UV-KUB one hour per day during twenty-seven years !
Therefore, the UV-Led light source is no longer considered as a consumable item.
1. Divergence angle of a UV-KUB 3 is below 2°
Right. The UV-LED light source provides an unrivalled collimation and homogeneous exposure, with a divergence angle below 2°.
2. What resolution can be achieved with a UV-KUB 3?
It is possible to obtain microstructures below 1µm over the entire 4’’ or 6’’ working surface, with an alignment precision of less than 1µm.
3. UV-KUB 3 can pattern thick resist layers
Right. Thanks to an unrivalled collimation, it is possible to pattern resist layers up to 500 µm with our Mask Aligner UV-KUB 3. Typically an aspect ratio of 10x100µm is a standard.
1. Dilase 250 can write in vector and scanning mode
Right. The combination of both mode, by fast filling in scanning mode and the finalizing contours in vector mode provides perfectly square pattern edges with no roughness.
2. What aspect ratio can be achieved with a Dilase 250?
The high depth of focus resulting from the specific optical treatment line designed by Kloe warrantees a 1x20 aspect ratio.
3. With a 1µm beam, what thickness of resist layer can be patterned with perfect 90° sidewall?
A bit of math : with a 1µm beam, you can patterned resist layer of 20µm thickness with perfect 90° sidewall.
1. Dilase 3D can realize large size objects with high resolution
Right. Dilase 3D enables to create large volume objects, up to 500cm3 with high resolution down to 5µm and even 2µm.
2. Up to what resolution can you reach with a Dilase 3D?
Dilase 3D offers the possibility to work in 3 dimensions with a resolution of 5µm in standard, but until 2µm with an optional optical head.
3. What maximum object size a Dilase 3D can realized?
Dilase 3D is the very first 3D printer able to produce objects up to 100 x 100 x 50 mm3, with high resolution.
4. Dilase 3D can write with several switchable beams. Which one is the correct answer?
2 beams: one micro-metric head for high resolution, one head with a large diameter to cover large surfaces at high writing velocities.
You can have the follow combinations: 2µm with 10µm, 5µm with 20µm or 10µm with 60µm.